Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thirumala visit

Usha and myself had been to Thiruppathi last week, from 10th to 12th March, to be precise.  I am visiting the place after more than 20 years and the place has changed very much. The only thing that hasn't changed is the crowd to see the Lord. ( for a few seconds)!!!!.

I do remember my last vivit with Gunasekaran there. The occasion was the POONAL ceremony for Iyer's son Shashank. I remember vividly the hospitality and the warmth with which I was welcomed. I had along chat with Iyer's Dad and also his brother.

I also remember Shashank leaving off his fond eating item after his upanayanam. I saw his grand father teaching him how to do "Sandyavandan". That day I also remembered how I taught my son how to do Sandhy, I even translated  them into English and gave him, as his 2nd language was Hindi.

" Malarum Ninaivugal"


2 comments:

  1. Sridhar Sir, your Shashank is back from UK. Thanks for the narration and bringing back to me those lovely memories including that of my late father.

    I was out of circulation after Shashank's return on 22nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know why you call sir and all. no need at all. I am always sridhar to you. Nice to know sashank is back.
    tss

    ReplyDelete